Depending on your budget, you can reserve a family friendly condo with a pool, spring for a night in a great beach-front hotel or book a yurt! Yes, a yurt! Don’t worry it has AC and a private deck.
Although there is plenty to occupy dad’s time at the beach, a little planning can make this a vacation he won’t forget.
What makes your dad smile?
Check out these Father's Day beach bonuses for different kinds of dads:
- Dad the Golfer – At Palmilla Beach Golf Resort dad can play9 holes of links-style golf, perfect for the occasional golfer but with challenging tee boxes for the pros. Don’t want to travel with clubs? No problem, you can rent Calloway clubs there. For an adventure he won’t forget, rent a free-stylin’ golf board to zip around the course.
- Dad the Fisherman – June is Red Snapper season in Port A! Book a short 4 hour trip out of Dolphin Docks, a full 8+ hour, deep sea trip Deep Sea Headquarters or a private fishing charter with Woody’s Sport Center. Not ready to commit to a boat ride? Give dad a gift card to Island Tackle and schedule time for surf, jetty or pier fishing!
- Dad the Thrill Seeker– Does your dad love adventure? Send him on an excursion that will get his blood pumping. Arrange a Kitesurfing, jet ski or wakesurfing adventure or schedule a surfing lesson. Take it up a notch and get an aerial view of the Texas coast while skydiving or parasailing!
- Dad the Explorer–Discover 5 nature preserves featuring hike and bike trails, boardwalks and wildlife observation areas. Enjoy a dolphin watching cruise, beachcomb for seashells, or hop on a fat tire bike and explore the island.
- Dad the Foodie – From upside down beer served from the back of a boat to gourmet steaks and seafood, there is something to please every palette in Port A. Home of the Texas Super Chef Throwdown, this little town is quickly becoming a foodie destination. The Black Marlin Bar & Grill is hosting a Father's Day Brunch that is sure to please but if pizza and a dive bar is more up dad’s alley, plan a trip to the Gaff to watch Belt Sander Races.